Perhaps you have seen it on our website or on other software platforms, but what does “Built-for-NetSuite” really mean? Built-for-NetSuite, or “BFN” for short is a program developed by Oracle NetSuite. It encourages software developers and solution providers to build applications that connect directly with the NetSuite platform. This “SuiteCloud Developer Network,” includes a group of vetted solution providers that have the privilege of building and deploying “SuiteApps” (NetSuite add-on applications). These SuiteApps are listed on the NetSuite app store, suiteapp.com.
Applicants are awarded the “BFN Badge” if they can prove that their solution meets a rigorous set of standards set by Oracle NetSuite and serves an important need within the NetSuite ecosystem. According to NetSuite, “The program provides SDN Partners with principles and guidelines for developing SuiteApps in accordance with industry and NetSuite design best practices. It also provides a method for SDN Partners to verify that they have implemented these best practices in building their SuiteApp, and making it available.”
It is also important to note the difference between the types of SuiteApps that exist:
- Native SuiteApps are built directly on the NetSuite platform. These SuiteApps do not have integrations from other data sources.
- Hybrid SuiteApps are built within the NetSuite platform and have external data integrations.
- Integrated SuiteApps are built externally from the NetSuite platform. These SuiteApps integrate data to or from NetSuite.
CarbonSuite’s Built-for-NetSuite Carbon Accounting SuiteApp
CarbonSuite is Hybrid Built-for-NetSuite SuiteApp. The core application is built directly within your NetSuite account, and data can easily be integrated from other external software systems into CarbonSuite. This gives users the following key advantages:
- Single Source of Truth: All of your carbon accounting data stays directly within your NetSuite ERP system.
- Financial Data Security: The carbon accounting process analyzes large amounts of financial data. NetSuite ERP is your financial system of record, why would you want to integrate your financial data to an external system? With CarbonSuite, keep your financial data secure and centralized in the system of record.
- Reporting & Analytics: You can easily use NetSuite’s best-in-class reporting and analytics capabilities to analyze your environmental data. CarbonSuite comes with pre-built reporting and data visualization capabilities. These can be used as-is, customized to fit your needs, or you can create your own using NetSuite’s user-friendly tools.
- Automation: Carbon accounting transactions can easily be processed by analyzing your NetSuite ERP data. This saves you time and resources in generating your carbon footprint data.
- Training & Enablement: You have invested lots of time, money, and resources into your NetSuite ERP system. Since SuiteApps like CarbonSuite are built directly within NetSuite, you don’t need to spend additional resources training your team (yet another) cloud-based software platform. Maximize your NetSuite investments by keeping everything in one system.
CarbonSuite’s team is made up of NetSuite experts. We have used many SuiteApps in the NetSuite ecosystem and have learned how to (and how not to) create excellent SuiteApps. The beauty of NetSuite is the ability to have one single system for all of your business operations. CarbonSuite allows you to seamlessly plug the SuiteApp into your NetSuite account, without disrupting any of your existing ERP business workflows. Now that’s “Suite!”
Ready to learn more? Contact Us today!